The marketing machine for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1: Revenge of Buttercup is starting up in earnest and “The Capitol” is fighting the rebel forces by reminding the Districts how much it loves its citizens (that it firebombed) through a series of terrifying propaganda posters. Our favorite might be this District 7 lumberjack who…cut off his own leg so he could become 15% wood? You can see all of them here.
Your Morning Roundup wants a Batman movie sooner than 2019 and found something that science isn’t so good at.
- Lots of spoilery details for Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man ahead! According to them, James Spader will be constructed out of 100% James Spader.
- Google CEO Susan Wojcicki has started an initiative to get girls coding early in hopes of closing the gender gap in tech today.
- There is apparently a scientific way to cut a cake. Listen, science? We love you but don’t come between us and cake, alright?
- Buffy’s back! To tell you to get vaccinated.
- Here is the story of the very first photoshopped image ever.
- The Roots made a Harry Potter rap! Which would never happen in a world controlled by Voldemort and we’re all very grateful to Harry.
- The Toast presents its Prestigious Literary Novel. An excerpt:
“I’m so lonely,” I said.
“I love you,” he said.
“That’s not what I meant.”
- No more Batman movies until 2019? But we’ll all be dead by then according to this prophecy we just made up just now!
- Wil Wheaton rewrote the Brady Bunch theme song as it would apply to the Starks and Lannisters. It is super SUPER not safe for work!