Illustrator and artist Alan Defibaugh is dedicating 100 days to pop culture portraits! He’s about a third of the way through his project, so we encourage everyone to check in daily to see who he’s honoring. We chose Day 23, Spirited Away’s delightful No Face. He looks so pleased to pose for the picture!
Morning Roundup has an earnest request from Jon Snow, some thoughts on science fantasy, and an example of why high school espionage should go on your permanent record.
- Greedy bastard Jon Snow isn’t content with a pure white direwolf—he wants a dragon too!
- A Game of Thrones writer has joined the table and pulled out his impressive array of Magic: The Gathering cards.
- That time school administrators went full HAL 9000 on their students.
- Honestly? With the way things are going right now, we’ll take science anywhere we can get it.
- How WWII’s greatest pin-up laid the foundation for modern WiFi.
- Kurt Vonnegut’s great theme was mercy.
- Is The Edge of Tomorrow telling us something about the modern, non-sequel, non-reboot action movie? Or is it just telling us something about Tom Cruise?
- Poor Hodor…