John Brooker, we salute you. Some people would have gone for ordinary topiary, but you used your time on this earth to craft a 10 foot tall, 100 foot long dragon hedge, completed over the course of a decade. Edward Scissorhands is a chump compared to you, sir.
Morning Roundup returns! We were…off in a cave…training on a mountaintop…with wise elders? Yes! That’s probably what it was. Have some links! We have Pokémeat, the sexism of Doctor Who, and news on Ant-Man!
- Psyduck a l’Orange?
- Remember the last shot of City Lights? The last line of Some Like it Hot? Hell, the last line of Batman Returns? Ryan Britt worries that endings are a lost art, especially when it comes to comic book movies.
- With Maleficent pounding her scepter onto theater floors this weekend, Vulture’s Bilge Ebiri praises Disney villains past.
- Here’s a look at the Terminator reboot cast!
- OK, so there’s no genre element here, just the story of a young migrant worker whose life was changed by reading.
- Arrr, we’ve lost the Black Pearl!
- Several people who are not, we repeat not, Edgar Wright, are in contention for Ant-Man’s director’s chair. But none of them are Edgar Wright.
- Easter Eggs of Future Past!