Note: Spoilers ahead.
WinterisComing.net has obtained a partial casting breakdown for Game of Thrones season 5, which is slated to begin shooting this summer. The fifth season promises to be a notable one for book readers, since it is still unclear how the show will tackle the concurrent timelines of A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons. One thing now appears to be confirmed: We’ll be seeing a lot of Dorne.
- Prince Doran Martell will be featured in multiple episodes and the show will continue to cast Latino actors for the family, following on the debut of Oberyn and Arianne in season 4.
- Trystane Martell is also being cast, but will be aged up to about 18 or so.
- There is no mention of re-casting for Myrcella (Lannister) Baratheon to age along with Trystane (and Tommen from season 4, for that matter).
- There is also no mention of key figure Quentyn Martell in the casting sheet.
- A black actor is being sought for the role of Martell bodyguard Areo Hotah.
- “Sand Snakes” Obara, Nymeria, and Tyene will be featured in the season. Obara will have a major fight scene with a series regular that she does not meet in the books.
Elsewhere in Westeros and beyond, the following characters are being sought:
- High Sparrow and Septa Unella will appear in the season, hinting at a larger role for the Faith of the Seven, what could arguably be called Westeros’ dominant religion.
- Prophetess Maggy the Frog will also appear, most likely to the same major character that Sparrow and Unella interact with.
- Lollys Stokeworth will also appear in King’s Landing, meaning we’ll get to see more Bronn!
- Across the Narrow Sea (and then some), Meereenese slave owner Yezzan will feature in Daenerys’ plotline and The Waif will feature in Arya’s plotline.
Check out the whole list here for more info on what the producers are looking for for each character.