Now that filming has begun on Star Wars Episode VII we’ve been getting the most puzzling set pictures ever! How did Darth Maul survive his fight with Obi-Wan? And shouldn’t that hockey stick be double-bladed?
Morning Roundup celebrates Godzilla, takes a look at comics history, and considers moral panic at the neighborhood arcade!
- We don’t know about you, but we all have Godzilla Fever! (It’s terrifying.) Here’s a history of the last time Hollywood tried to tackle the God-Lizard, and here are 25 fun Godzilla facts sure to liven up any cocktail party.
- Were comics more diverse before the Code?
- We don’t want to live in the alternate universe where Octavia Butler never saw The Devil Girl From Mars.
- Is franchise fiction deserving of more respect?
- Jesse Eisenberg talks about getting into Lex’s gleaming bald head.
- Saving sci-fi, one tattered paperback at a time.
- Did you know that the Triforce was originally going to be made of microchips?
- And as long as we’re in a gaming mood, let’s talk about moral panics!
- Finally, a word from Tyrion Lannister. Don’t watch if you haven’t seen last Sunday’s episode of Game of Thrones!