“I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.” Oh Anakin, this poor Stormtrooper literally could not agree more. (Exhausted Stormtrooper courtesy of Pleated Jeans)
Morning Roundup brings you a discussion of harassment in comics, a bumper car battle, and updates on Goosebumps and Jem! We will all be children forever.
- “Others felt it was derailing the true discussion, which was of course superhero breasts.” Janelle Asselin talks about harassment in the comics industry.
- So Bilbo is already “there,” but how will he get “and back again”?
- The Goosebumps movie has just moved to a new town, and should be stumbling into a spooky mystery as soon as its parents go away on a sudden business trip.
- Bumper Joust Melee!
- Did Django Wexler miss any great animal companions?
- “The Last Night of Monty Python” will screen in movie theaters worldwide. We just had a series of mild strokes trying to think of which Python quote to put here, so perhaps it’s best to move on.
- We have our new Jem! Hopefully she’ll meet the standard of outrageousness required for the role.
- New Scott McCloud from First Second Books!
- SFSignal discusses the magic of truth in the work of Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- The President plays soccer with a robot! We’re in the FUTURE.