Dave Collinson has gifted us with a wonderful visual pun! But our poor Dark Knight looks so forlorn in this image—is he too shy to engage with these lovely women, or is trying to avoid a conversation about gardening? Alfred would talk to them about their gardening, Bruce.
Morning Roundup has news of the Fantastic Four reboot, an update on sequel to The Goonies, and some thoughts on optimism in fantasy!
- Are you excited about David Mitchell’s new novel yet? BECOME EXCITED ABOUT DAVID MITCHELL’S NEW NOVEL.
- “Gritty” and “realistic” are not words that spring immediately to mind when we think of The Fantastic Four.
- We agree with Alyx Dellamonica: Editors are great!
- In addition to being one of the greatest shows ever, Futurama is also a master class in worldbuilding.
- Finally, a chance for Americans to say farewell to Moss.
- Steven Spielberg is involved with Goonies 2! Which would be reassuring, were it not for the existence Kingdom of the Crystal Skull… Maybe One-Eyed Willie’s real treasure is also knowledge?
- Time Out asked artists including Wes Anderson and Henry Selick to help them list the 100 greatest animated films of all time! Check out their exhaustive list.
- And heck, as long as we’re ranking things, let’s rate the greatest Disney songs!
- VHS covers were a unique medium for artists, and they are sorely missed.
- The Goblin Emperor author Katherine Addison talks about grimdark!
- Apparently David Foster Wallace’s estate is not okay with the Jason Segel movie…
- Finally, via Laughing Squid, we bring you a bittersweet story that makes us glad we live in the future: