Kate or Die shared this response to Power Girl’s
inconveniently drafty creative costume. Before you worry about the fact that this would make the proposed Power Boy a bit…er…vulnerable, just think about how freeing and empowering it’ll feel for him! Once he gets used to it.
Artist Cory Walker has given us this beautifully succinct argument for form following function when it comes to superhero couture. He also points out the creative physics of cleavage creases! He’s made our week, and it’s only Tuesday.
Morning Roundup has thoughts on diversity in publishing, art from Star Wars Rebels, and a reconsideration of the proliferation of villains in the modern superhero epic.
- Fantastic “Anyway: Angie” author Daniel José Older talks about why humanity needs “that thing beyond diversity” if our fiction is ever going to be whole.
- Check out this amazing concept art from Star Wars Rebels!
- Colombia and Mexico pay tribute to the Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- Celebrate Lovecraftian dread with Ellen Datlow!
- Marc Webb on Supervillain Fatigue, a chronic illness that has swept across the superhero film world since Spider-Man 3
- We proudly present the inspirational true story of a C-list Avenger who changed comics fandom!
- How many of the 25 essential graphic novels have you read?
- We have long believed that the Muppets can do anything, and this clip proves us right!