It’s not what that llama is underneath, but what he does that defines him.
Llama Batman made his stunning entrance this past weekend at the Indiana State Fair, shocking the villainous Bane, who had thought the Dark Camelidae broken and buried in darkness. While chewing an apple hilariously, Llama Batman rallied Indiana to a thrilling rout of Bane, who was later revealed to be just a bunch of prize hogs taped together.
Your morning roundup is warning everyone about the blood moon, taking your past creative output to the mat, and summarizing Aliens through poetry.
- In advance of this weekend’s Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, the L.A. Times asked 200 authors how they became authors. No one had the same answer.
- Dinosaur Comics’ Ryan North and Machine of Death’s David Malki have declared war on each other and are savaging each other’s past creative output.
- Prepare your finest prophecy-making tools! NYC is getting a blood moon to-NIGHT!
- Karen Gillan’s Doctor Who hair lives in the same costume warehouse as the Star Wars alien heads. Luke is gonna look so vibrant, you guys.
- The X-Men: Days of Future Past producers have released a 25-point timeline linking all of the X-Men movies. Or…maybe not?
- Also, X-Men: Apocalypse won’t involve any alternate universes. Awwww.
- Need there be any further explanation than “Poems Summarizing Aliens Using Language From Orkin’s Field Mice Section”?
- Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn told Entertainment Weekly that the events of the movie feed into Avengers 3. He also reveals more about Gamora and Nebula’s origins.
- One of the letters Kurt Vonnegut wrote in the final year of his life was this inspirational piece to midtown Manhattan high school student.