We don’t know about you, but our Captain America afterglow refuses to die. Luckily, the internet is here to continue stoking the flames of our pop culture patriotism. Friend-of-the-site Steven Padnick posted this piece of awesome on his tumblr, and it made us all warm and fuzzy. And feathery.
Morning Roundup includes some thoughts on race and casting, an alternate view on Captain America, and some shocking news from George R.R. Martin!
- Do we love Captain America more when he’s a jerk?
- Since Apple took its time creating diverse emoji, Mi-Fone took matters into their own smiley faces.
- Maybe we could get more original Terry Gilliam stuff, instead of adaptations of his greatest hits?
- The Dissolve is having a great conversation about Joss Whedon!
- Ant-Man has gained its lead exterminator!
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. responds to the events of Winter Soldier!
- A meditation on race, questionable casting decisions, and the Gods of Egypt.
- Almost every movie reference in Community!
- Finally, George R.R. Martin responds to concerns that he’s falling behind on ASOIAF: