Looking to get into the proper mood for Game of Thrones? Robert M. Ball has a project called Beautiful Death, in which he presents imaginative illustrations of deaths from each episode of the show. He’s posting one per day, leading up to the Season 4 premiere, so it’s basically a gruesome advent calendar. Ball has only worked his way up through Season 2 so far, but obviously spoilers abound! (via The Mary Sue!)
Morning Roundup has new images from Gotham, and interviews with the people behind Tyrion Lannister and Jem, and an entire rainbow of Muppets!
- Check out Gotham’s new Alfred!
- Aw, now we want to go live in space in the 70s! But then, we often do. Since that apparently isn’t an option, you can console yourself by helping NASA design a spacesuit!
- This fascinating article looks at the four ways race is handled in sci-fi…we think there are at least a few more. For once, reading the comments is recommended!
- Well, at least our robot overlords will be shy.
- Ars Technica picks its least favorite TNG episodes!
- An interview with the original voice of Jem? Outrageous, truly.
- Are there nude scenes in Tyrion Lannister’s future?
- Have we found Attila the Hun’s tomb?
- Here are 21 historical details from The Muppets Take Manhattan!
- And finally, in the interests of both providing a Muppet-stuffed Morning Roundup, and reducing you all to weeping piles of goo, have a bunch of covers of “Rainbow Connection!”