Tim Lee creates art in many media, including wood, canvas, paper, and banjo. But we particularly love his portrait of Darth Vader rockin’ out beneath a full Death Star.
Your morning roundup is making everything out of origami. Microscopes out of origami. Trailers for Noah out of origami! Werner Herzog out of origami!
- Finally, technology has caught up with our dreams.
- A bioengineer has figured out how to make a working origami microscope out of paper. (Well, okay, and one lens.)
- Check out this shot of CW’s Flash!
- Gotham gets a logo and official synopsis.
- Frederik Pohl’s novel Gateway may be coming to television.
- Terry Gilliam speaks! And most likely, doesn’t stop! But we’re happy to listen.
- This short new trailer for Noah features KISSING. That’s a’floodin’.
- Helen Oyeyemi talks about fairy tales and feminism.
- Good news! We live in a sponge universe. Which is probably why we feel so moist and brittle all the time. Emotionally.
- Should recent Oscar-winner Lupita Nyong’o be introduced into the X-Men film universe as a young Storm?
- Brooklyn Nine Nine’s Terry Crews wants to be Luke Cage in Marvel’s upcoming Netflix series and all we can say is YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES.
- Charlie Jane Anders’ analysis of how our favorite Star Trek defines us is one of the most amazing things we’ve ever read.
- Warner Herzog plays Dark Souls 2. “This place feels wild…and lost! A creature? I move towards it.”