The new Doctor is learning how to hug! Maybe? He doesn’t look so sure of this enterprise. But what of those rings he’s wearing? Did his new body just come equipped with accessories? Is River behind this somehow?
Today’s Morning Roundup is full of wonder! We always love Benedict Cumberbatch, but never more than when he’s surrounded by Muppets. Steven Moffat performs a post-mortem on Sherlock, and we have the greatest social media interaction of all time.
- Benedict CumberMuppet!
- HBO released a trailer for the upcoming Game of Thrones special, Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing. Plus there’s casting news that means we’ll likely see some more plotlines this season from Dance with Dragons.
- Nothing says dystopian hellscape like fictional advertising.
- Mexican plants could help crack Voynich Manuscript!
- JK Rowling finally admits the existence of… Ronbledore?
- Check out Waking Engine author David Edison’s thoughts on Frank Herbert, Cicero, and the end of the world.
- We never thought we’d come across anything better than “Tea. Earl Grey. Hot” but “Short ribs. Bourbon. Stat.” is actually an improvement.
- We’ll just leave this here and back slowly away…
- Finding religion in one of the worst Star Trek movies.
- Steven Moffat has spoken at length about Sherlock’s best man speech, now attend to his thoughts on why some people need killin’.
- Would you like to make Settlers of Catan more difficult?
- Why does D&D still matter? Cause it’s still awesome.
- Finally, as part of Worldbuilders 2013, Elizabeth Bear and Scott Lynch review The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, for roughly an hour and a half. Alcohol is involved.