Deviantartist Jadenwithwings created a lovely thing straight out of the imagination of some fabulous kids this week! You see, whale-throwing Ariel was born out of a game of “princesses and superheroes” (which also featured a web-slinging Belle) that we desperately wish we could have been part of. We also need to draw your attention to Jadenwithwings’ pic of Ariel besting Gaston in an arm-wrestling match. It’s a wonder to behold.
Morning Roundup features an accurate assessment of the greatness of The Iron Giant, an essay about Minecraft and the meaning of life, and a brief history of the spoiler!
- Taking your velociraptor to the vet just got easier.
- No, The Iron Giant is not the best Superman movie ever—it’s the best movie ever.
- In the face of a limitless horizon, one man chronicles his journey to the end of the world…of Minecraft.
- Live action Ghost in the Shell! Which will probably still not answer any Ghost in the Shell-related questions.
- Theater owners want previews limited to 2 minutes! Which is great, but maybe they could also limit the pre-movie ads to, um, 0 minutes?
- Spoiler alert! There might be some spoilers in this article about spoilers.
- And finally, we know there have been plenty of Frozen parodies out there, but we really warmed to Mr. Freeze’s cover of “Let it Go.”