Lando Calrissian is the smoothest denizen of the Star Wars universe. The only person in the Trilogy That Actually Matters who can out-cool Han Solo. The one who can rock a cape. So when they needed an actor, they turned to Billy Dee Williams, and when Colt 45 needed a pitchman for their esteemed beverage, they turned to Mr. Dee Williams, and immortalized him in neon!
Morning Roundup welcomes you back after what we hope was a restful and/or productive weekend! We have news about Days of Future Past, words of wisdom from the author of The Emperor’s Blades, and a follow-up with Miles the Batkid!
- Brian Staveley talks about writing The Emperor’s Blades!
- Days of Future Past script pages may have been leaked, and those pages may contain spoilers!
- We are contractually obligated to say “Excelsior!” while linking to this article about Stan Lee’s success.
- Jack Gleeson thinks that celebrity culture is quite possibly even more evil than Joffrey Baratheon.
- Author Lev Grossman discusses his Grand Theory of Nerd-dom!
- Nintendo is scaling back on its plans for Wii U.
- David Cronenberg talks about the Kafka-esque soul of The Fly.
- Finally, via io9, we told you about Batkid before, but now there’s video to watch! You’re awesome, Miles!