Happy Holidays, everybody! We were pretty excited when we found this image, because it finally explained some things we’ve been wondering about for a long time: where are the Peanuts kids’ parents? Sure, there are schoolteachers, and ostensibly the whole gang goes to Grandma’s condominium in the Thanksgiving special, but we never really see any adult supervision. Could it be that the kids live in an entirely parent-free world, and those weird waah-waah sounds we hear are just other children, throwing their voices to create an illusion of stability? Could it be that this season of joy and goodwill brings out an opposing sense of darkness in us? Is this our own way of bringing balance to The Force?
No matter. Today’s Morning Roundup will attempt to be all lightness going forth! Behold Will Ferrell drawing a Christmassy line in the sand, Paul Rudd thrusting his thorax out with pride, and a loving tribute to the greatest tech of the last two decades!
- Paul Rudd is exactly the superhero this world needs, and deserves, and wants.
- Benjamin Percy, author of the literary werewolf epic Red Moon, offers a new version of “Santa Baby” to add to your Yuletide fun.
- Jim Steranko talks about FROGS!
- Stay strong, Will Ferrell. Why tarnish perfection?
- Well what is Gollum supposed to do, exactly, now that multivitamins have been debunked?
- As much as we want to indulge in an obligatory “whoa,” most of these Keanu Reeves movies are pretty great.
- Bryan Singer is hard at work on X-Men: Apocalypse!
- When we were little kids our mothers told us not to stare into the sun. So once, when we were six, we did.
- Awww, check out CueCat!
- Finally, via Laughing Squid, check out George Takei and Felicia Day playing video games together: