After the exhausting events of Star Trek movies 2, 3, and 4, the gang went back in time to take some shore leave in the olden times. Look how cute Chekhov and Sulu are with their velocipedes or whatever! You can’t pry those two apart with a crowbar! This and so many more Star Trek photo manipulations can be found over on Rabittooth.
Your Morning Roundup is drunk, so drunk, and doin’ push-ups with George Takei.
- George Takei can do more push-ups than you can and he will prove it to you at the drop of a hat.
- Real life Scrooge McDuck money bin! Real life Scrooge McDuck money bin! (NOTE: Does not come with Launchpad McQuack.)
Disney kidnaps Harrison Ford in broad daylight, promises new Indiana Jones along with new Star Wars
and new Air Force One.
- Also, the script for the new Star Wars movie is due in January, so someone out there is definitely dreaming of an Oh My God I Have To Get This Perfect And Now Or Disney Will Kill Me And Then Everyone Else Will Kill Me…Christmas.
- Aw, cute pencil-drawn likeness of Batman and Robin as Sherlock and Watson. Those smiles! They’re so happy to be fighting crime!
- Justin Landon took a look at gender parity in 2013 sci-fi/fantasy book art. It doesn’t look good.
- While Nature took a look at citation gender gaps in research papers and peer reviewed articles. It doesn’t look good.
- While The Mary Sue pointed out two examples of inexplicable video game community harassment from this week. It doesn’t look good.
- The recipients of love from Love Actually don’t seem to be doing so well in this imagined trailer for Love Actually 2.
- There’s a new interview with Ursula K. Le Guin in the latest issue of The Paris Review.
- Think you can really pack the hooch away? Not like writers and artists can. Stubby itself tanks pure rocket fuel every day just to write this Morning Roundup.
- Speaking of drinking, here are 10 drinking games for sci-fi/fantasy shows! Torchwood’s in there, too, but that one is easy. You just drink until you don’t remember that you’re watching Torchwood.
- Amy Poehler to Entertainment Weekly: “I feel like the theme of the next Star Wars is going to be: How does a working mother juggle it all?”
- New York City is getting a spaceship! The New Museum is turning its fifth floor into a Cold War-era style spaceship interior, which is so funny, because we’ve been trying to get rid of our Cold War-era spaceship interior ever since we remodeled to a TNG-era design about two years ago.
- Don Cheadle will appear as War Machine/Iron Patriot in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Paul Rudd has been showing the same movie clip on Conan for almost 15 years. And Conan falls for it every time.