“I’m killing my companions. Killing my companions is cool. Has anyone seen Clara?”
Remember when David Tennant went off to play a particularly insane Hamlet just as he was also leaving Doctor Who? And Christopher Eccleston went off to play Cobra Commander? And Paul McGann insisted that he was still the Doctor until finally they let him back on the show? And Sylvester McCoy started walking around with bird shit in his hair? And Colin Baker?
We love Doctor Who but there’s definitely a pattern here.
Your Morning Roundup keeps coming back to the Hunger Games. Don’t we all? Matt Smith certainly looks like he does.
- That’s actually Matt Smith as the lead in the new American Psycho musical. Buzzfeed has more pics at the link.
- Want to grow out-of-control tentacles from a pile of dust? Just add fire.
- Today’s Robert Knepper moment: Robert Knepper joins Mockingjay as possible new character Antonius.
- The Hunger Games as told solely through emoji GIFs still can’t cheer up the scene where Katniss volunteers for Prim.
- It took 50 years, but we can now measure paper sizes with various incarnations of the Doctor.
- It took 50 years, but there are now enough incarnations of the Doctor to play the Hunger Games with. (This Morning Roundup is so interrelated!)
- Here are 29 things you might not have known about Toy Story, including how the entire scenario was a test performed on Andy by Aperture Science.
- Peter Jackson wants to move on to a Tintin sequel, will release an extended cut of the first movie featuring never-before-seen material from The Hobbit.
- Geek dating expert Eric Smith has announced he’s writing a YA series about tattoos that give you powers. The first book will be called The Tattoo That Gave Me Superpowers. No, wait, it’s The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes. No, wait, it’s called Inked.
- George Takei has released a perfume and The Mary Sue tries it out. The name of the perfume really must be seen to be believed.