It snowed in New York today! Actual flurries of snow! And it was all anyone here wanted to talk about. Well, that and Loki. Citizen of Tumblr Tardis-in-Acid posted this delightful picture of a superheroic snow day in which the Avengers made their own snowmen (and women). As for Bruce Banner’s attempt… it went as well as you’d expect.
Morning Roundup leaves the snow-boots in the mudroom, and offers you these links! We have news for Age of Ultron! News for DC! And a look into Beorn’s house in The Desolation of Smaug!
- Elizabeth Olson confirms Samuel L. Jackson’s most-likely-shouted assertion that she’s the new Scarlet Witch!
- Neil Gaiman may not be your bitch, but he’s very sorry that Sandman: Overture #2 is running late.
- Warner Bros is still hashing out their plan for the Universe, and Guillermo del Toro is still involved.
- Perhaps people keep mis-translating Hayao Miyazaki? Or maybe “retirement” means something different in Japan?
- Unsurprisingly, Alfie Allen watches Reservoir Dogs to prep for his role as Theon on Game of Thrones.
- Martin Scorsese lists his favorite scary films, and most of them are fabulously atmospheric ghost stories.
- Check out the full Minecraft documentary, online, for free. Yay, future!
- Walk through the making of a Pixar short, from pitch to screen.
- And, via Blastr and, um, Denny’s, take a look at Beorn’s shape-shifting house: