Book Riot found some fabulously literary wedding cakes! We love this Game of Thrones cake, because crafting an actual Iron Throne in fondant is just badass. And check out the details on the map! We have to say that the Dune cake is also gorgeous, but definitely too terrifying to eat.
Morning Roundup is soooo ready to live in a weekend that has Loki and Thor in it! But first, we’ve got Denny’s new gorge-tickling Hobbit menu, a Sikh Captain America, and more news about Malekith!
- Here’s a handy guide to some of the connections between Lord of the Rings and the first Hobbit film!
- Obligatory mention of the fact that Jurassic Park is 20 years old.
- Edward Gorey: America’s greatest goth.
- So a day after we learned about Edgar Allen Poe’s sleuthing habit, we find out that mystery writer P.D. James may have cracked a real-life cold case!
- Meanwhile, in space…
- C’mon Denny’s. “Smaug’s Fire Burger” sort of makes sense, but why would Bard the Bowman make pumpkin-flavored coffee? And where are Beorn’s honeycakes, exactly?
- Christopher Eccleston talks about some Malekith scenes that were too poignant to cross the Rainbow Bridge into Thor: The Dark World.
- American Horror Story tarot cards!
- Consider the Bug? The Atlantic looks back at Starship Troopers.
- Stephen Colbert weighed in on Marvel’s new Muslim superhero, and Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell spent a day with New York City’s Sikh Captain America!