“Just The Two Of Us” is a photography series by Klaus Pichler featuring cosplayers in domestic settings. Fashionably Geek rounded up some more of the photos, and mentioned that the photos themselves are a bit weird. We have to agree, and we started wondering why these images become so unsettling. Could it be that photographing cosplayers by themselves, or even just with pets, makes them seem artificially isolated? Does the solitude of these photos make the costumes seem more like an emotional balm than they actually are? Are we being too philosophical for a Thursday morning?
On with Morning Roundup! We have acting advice from Darth Vader, dance moves from Loki, and sleuthing from Detective E.A. Poe!
- Check out Julie Dillon‘s huge list of awesome female artists!
- David Prowse has acting advice for anyone auditioning for Star Wars Episode VII—take vocal training.
- Tom Hiddleston Dance-Off: Zachary Levi Edition!
- On Monday over 1000 paintings that had been looted by Nazis were found in a home in Munich—including work by Matisse, Chagall, and Picasso. Not only is that wonderful news, but it inspired this fascinating essay on Hitler’s hatred of abstract art.
- Hans Zimmer hates those dramatic BWONNNNGGGS as much as your eardrums do.
- American Horror Story will return, most likely after the protagonist thinks it’s finally dead, and has turned unsuspectingly away from its gravesite in exhaustion/relief/exultation.
- Edgar Allen Poe had a side job as an amateur detective.
- Well there go any theories about a benevolent force in the Universe.
- Finally, because we love you, watch Jar Jar die: