Nightmare Before Christmas is a Christmas movie, and we will duel you at dawn with a weapon of your choosing for saying otherwise. However, artist Carri Renaud’s rendition of the greatest love story of our time, beautifully crafted in the medium of pumpkin-flesh, is too perfect not to post on the eve of All Hallows’ Eve.
Now, onto the Roundup! We have many spooooky links for you, including the scariest moments in TV, the films of some classic horror directors, and not one, but two sequels to Prometheus! Terrifying.
- Ponytail! Boo!
- OK, the X-Files episode “Home” definitely belongs on this list of disturbing TV. But why is Star Trek listed three times?
- OMNI revisits Lou Reed’s Metal Machine Music.
- The sequels to Prometheus are ready! Um, does anyone want two sequels to Prometheus?
- The greatest Pumpkin Spice Latte moments in the history of literature.
- Terror can happen anywhere.
- Sleepy Hollow is helping to decapitate the Strong Black Woman stereotype!
- We’ll take a short break from insisting that The Nightmare before Christmas is a Christmas movie—and not a Halloween movie, dammit!—in order to bring you this interview with Henry Selick.
- And finally: thirteen horror directors!