Halloween is only a couple more days away, and that means Morning Roundup has gone Bloodsucker crazy! Illustrator Matthew Griffin celebrated Bram Stoker by imagining Dracula’s fanciful bloodline, which runs all the way through Blackula and Count von Count to that sparkly guy from Twilight—check out the whole lineage over at io9!
Today’s Morning Roundup wants to take you back to a time when Halloween costumes were pure nightmare fodder! Plus, we have news about the Wachowski’s latest project, and some fascinating still from The Shining!
- We tend not to go in for empty nostalgia, but seriously, Halloween costumes used to be way better.
- Are you sitting down? Maybe sit down before you read about this horrifying sea creature.
- The ARPA Net Dialogues! Starring Yoko Ono, Jim Henson, and Ayn Rand!
- The original femputers.
- We’d balm this Poe’s Gilead any day.
- Pharrell Williams and Hans Zimmer are collaborating on the score for Amazing Spider-Man 2!
- The Wachowski siblings attempted to make a “small movie” but came up with an epic sci-fi space opera instead.
- Check out these stills from the set of The Shining!
- This eerie art imagines what would have happened if Gandalf had accepted the One Ring—this is probably the scariest link in the whole Roundup.
- Save the sci-fi!
- Lou Reed and punk comics.
- Finally, via Gawker, Wes Anderson has finally tackled the horror genre, and the results are…brilliant, actually.