We often look around our lives and think, “Why couldn’t we live in the Marvel Universe, where morally-complex heroes battle colorful villains, or the DC Universe, where—where—well, where there’s Batman?” In all of our musings, however, one thing never occurred to us: lamps are the superheroes of the furniture world. Luckily for all of us, the folks at Elite Fixtures looked at track lighting, and saw potential. You can see their whole line-up of superlamps here!
Morning Roundup has some Halloween treats, thoughts on steampunk, and even more star stuff!
- Halloween Halloween Halloween! In delicious treat format.
- The contest for Biggest Crusher Fan has been won.
- You know what happens when Halle Berry goes into space?
- Space is only really scary if you need oxygen. Other than that it’s a pleasant place to be.
- Author K.W. Jeter talks about steampunk at the Tor/Forge blog.
- The CEO of Warner Bros weighs in on the need for a Wonder Woman movie.
- Should Thomas Pynchon play GTA V? Shouldn’t we all?
- If you fold this link the correct way, you’ll see that Al Jaffee’s archives are going to Columbia University.
- Finally, via Buzzfeed, have some terrifying-horror-movie-true-facts!