That’s just one panel from an entire comic by graphic novelist Jed McGowan chronicling Voyager I’s journey through our solar system from the satellite’s perspective. The comic, free to view here, art captures the perfect silence inherent in Voyager’s tour of the wonders of our solar system, and the distant home it will never see again.
Your morning roundup features a never before seen Neil Gaiman Doctor Who scene featuring River Song! How’d they keep this one under wraps?
- Could all of made-up languages we read and hear in Tolkien, Martin, and Star Trek actually qualify as real languages? Qapla’!
- Taylor Swift might be in the movie version of Lois Lowry’s The Giver, as Jonas’ friend. Katie Holmes is also signed up to play Jonas’ mom, so no one will look older than anyone else in this film.
- A LucasArts insider chronicles their opinion on why the video game company fell apart.
- Sharon Lee and Steve Miller are releasing the ebooks of their novels Agents of Change and Fledgling for free.
- There’s not just water on Mars, there’s a LOT of water on Mars. It’s just not sure about you so, you know, it’s playing it cool.
- Oh, that’s not an asteroid that’s going to hit us, that’s a piece of space trash we left up there decades ago.
- This robot can solve a Rubik’s Cube in one second but can it dither over choosing where we should eat tonight? We don’t think so.
- Bleeding Cool’s Brendon Connelly has a theory on how Coulson Lived.
- Finally, did you know Neil Gaiman wrote a Doctor Who scene with River Song and Eleven that never aired? Behold!