The ad blitz has begun for the new upcoming season of American Horror Story, but the marketing materials seem to have taken a left turn into the realm of optical illusion. We’re glad we’re not the only ones confused by these posters! Or maybe it’s intentional. Maybe the show will truly plumb the depths of raccoon-inspired terror.
Your morning roundup is dressing up as Batman and buying his kids the new Sense of Right Alliance play set, now with Shrek!
- This tour through rip-off toys (and rip-off…Sharpies?) is amazing. We’re so glad they finally let the cars from Cars into the Justice League!
- Every episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will reportedly have a “post-credits scene,” that ties into the Marvel movie universe, just like the movies.
- Want a serious answer to how many Earth-like planets are out there? This visual tutorial from New Scientist provides a clear (and stunning) answer.
- Uh oh! Some of Tor Books’ awesome covers from next year got found online. If only there was some way to show you how cool they look!
- Watch this animated video letter to JJ Abrams that lists four ways the director can make Star Wars great again. (MOAR JAR JAR PLZ.)
- Rio’s Batman got arrested this week under their anti-mask law. The Penguin is still at large.
- Wonder Woman might be in Man of Steel sequel Superman vs. Batman? We just hope she comes in while they’re fighting and drags them both to Canada by their ears.
- An super cool article by K.J. Parker from way back in 2009 on sieges. Ancient, awesome sieges.
- Speaking of Wonder Woman, these guys over at Rainfall.tv got tired of waiting for her movie and decided to make their own.
- A fun list of characters who almost died on their shows were it not for the interest and love of fans.
- With the Vine platform, this guy harrassed his family using Bale’s Batvoice. This supercut of the whole BatDad affair is easily the best thing to watch while morning coffee is happening.