ALERT! Scheming robber baron and amateur electrophysicist John Hodgman has purloined one of science fiction/fantasy’s most beloved writers, George “Rail Road” Martin. The two were last seen together at this past weekend’s Emmy Awards, a ceremony celebrating achievement in the highly theoretical field of tele-vision.
It is believed that the above still of Hodgman feverishly gripping his prize was taken moments before the photographer was felled with hypno-judo. The madman filed no flight plan and has not been seen at any of his many menageries. The authorities have asked the public to be on the lookout for the pair, and to beware of the largely bulletproof Hodgman, who is easily agitated and prone to pinwheeling with fists.
Morning Roundup is also largely bulletproof, and pinwheels with links! Or something. Click through for an interview with Jeff Smith, a Mars-colonization plan, and a Wolverine music video!
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is almost here! In order to remain properly excited, watch this video once an hour until the premiere tonight!
- If you’re already bored with just running over people in GTA V, might we suggest…sky bowling?
- OK, it looks like we can all hang out on Earth for another 1.75 billion years, but if you want to move to Mars a little sooner than that….
- Quirk Books came up with some literary Jaegers for what would be the greatest of all possible Pacific Rim sequels.
- And speaking of kaiju…Bryan Singer wants more giant, city-demolishing monsters on television.
- We’ll be able to fly twice as high again!
- Obligatory nod to Breaking Bad: How to draw Walter White.
- Margaret Atwood has some opinions on intestinal parasites and dystopias.
- Maker Faire is bringing DIY to the masses!
- Paul Pope, Jeff Smith, and Faith Erin Hicks talk about how we’re living in the best-of-all-possible-comics-worlds!
- And finally, fresh from the cabinet of wonders that is Laughing Squid, we bring you a parody of Ylvis’ “The Fox” starring Marvel’s The Wolverine: