It’s possible that some of us here like Ducktales a little too much. But not nearly as much as Mondo, the great aesthetes of poster arts, who are releasing their Ducktales series this week. And while Phantom City Creative’s image of Magica de Spell was fabulous, we had to go with the classic shot, above, of Scrooge McDuck enjoying a money-downpour. You can see all of the prints here, just don’t expect any ponytails or cottontails. Ooo-ooo.
Today’s Morning Roundup presents: The Benedict Cumberbatch Name Generator, more news about the new Batman and the new Doctor, and an acting lesson from a somewhat… enhanced Patrick Stewart!
- Because we don’t believe in productivity, but we do believe in Sherlock Holmes, we present unto you: The Benedict Cumberbatch Name Generator.
- OK, Mr. Whedon, we’ll allow you to talk smack about Temple of Doom, but if you mention Empire again you’d better be prepared to meet Kali…in hell.
- Take a peek inside Wesley Crusher’s sweater closet.
- World War Z and Star Trek: Into Darkness are being re-released as a double feature this weekend!
- Here’s an infographic of things all geeks should know! Now, to prove you’re really a geek, get really really angry about all the stuff that was left out.
- Here’s another roundup of bad Batmans. Wait, how do you pluralize that? Is it “Batmans” or “Batmen?” We’re never sure…and as long as we’re on the topic, here are some more thoughts on Ben Affleck’s love of Batman.
- And hell, speaking of speaking of Batman, given Gail Simone’s real-life heroics, she should have gotten the part.
- Oklahoma, where the Shoggoths go ripping through the trees?
- Here are some more hints about the new Doctor, and his relationship with Clara!
- Imagine being “It” for a decade…
- A complete SFW post about nerds and boobies.
- We don’t have a release date yet, but Disney will be distributing the new Miyazaki film, The Wind Rises in the US.
- Finally, allow Patrick Stewart (with an assist from his girlfriend) to teach you the intricacies of the Quadruple Take: