Tumblr user Animateher posted this wonderful screenshot from Netflix, which is possibly the greatest description of The Avengers we’ve ever seen. Presumably the Hulk has to be one of the frogs, given the green color palette and all, and obviously Thor’s the puppy, with that cute scrunched-up face and floppy hair. And maybe, as Animateher suggests, the Ferris wheel is alcohol, the firefly is Tony Stark, and this is all a coded message about addiction? Or is the “firefly” actually Serenity, making the Ferris wheel the constant pressure from fans wanting Firefly to come back, even though Joss Whedon has moved on to new projects, such as, um, The Avengers?
Morning Roundup can offer no answers. What we can offer is a tribute to Bill Watterson, the true history of the theremin, and a couple of Doctor Who actors snogging.
- The true history of the theremin, in comic form.
Are you single? Do you identify as a nerd? Do you live in the greater New York City area? Then MTV would like to
exploit youhelp you find true love.
- J.K. Rowling has gone mad with power.
- We all have to make tough decisions in life, which is why it’s helpful to have geniuses like Bill Watterson around.
- Go behind the scenes of The Prisoner, or, if you prefer, go behind the scenes of Alien! Or tab back and forth very, very quickly and voila! Number 1 is actually a xenomorph.
- Does the Bat-Signal come with emoji?
- Paul Pope talks about DC and new projects!
- Just in case there were Japanese citizens not already living in terror because of Ringu theme parks, there is a thing called a “dinosaur prank.”
- Cory Doctorow talks about why it’s important that you can’t buy a digital copy of the OED.
- Here, have the new Doctor and Madame Vastra snogging, in a short created by Terry Gilliam’s usual co-writer Tony Grisoni, via 10 Minute Tales. Happy Christmas.