As far as beautiful images go, San Diego Comic-Con is the gift that keeps on giving. Not only did we get Tom Hiddleston’s Star Wars cosplay, and that awe-inspiring (adopted) Asgardian pep rally, but now, with the addition of the Cutest Picture Ever Taken of Benedict Cumberbatch, we get the Reason the Internet was Invented. Well, at least one of the reasons.
Today’s Morning Roundup includes some revolutionary street art, some Nobel-Prize winning sketches, some Pulitzer-winning Star Wars references, and a morally-compromised Yoda.
- Check out the murals from Afghanistan’s first female street artist!
- Nobel Prize-winners draw their discoveries.
- James McAvoy might join Daniel Radcliffe in yet another Frankenstein adaptation.
- Pulitzer Prize-winning Star Wars jokes!
- Game of Thrones’s casting director is going out on a limb…
- A photographer whose current project documents the lives of prostitutes in New York brought his telescope along to a shoot. Here’s the result.
- The Return of SHARKNADO!
- One of the wacky Battle Royale kids has been elected to Japanese Parliament.
- Elijah Wood’s serial killer movie has been banned in New Zealand, Frodo-fans resort to piracy.
- And, finally, Only Yoda Forgives:
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby has way better jokes about Star Wars. What’s the internal temperature of a Tauntaun? LUKE WARM.