Deep down, we all knew that Kit Harington could really rock the Lisa Frank-style direwolf puppy T-shirt. But we’d rather see him wearing a glittery rainbow dragon shirt to honor his new role in How To Train Your Dragon 2. This past weekend at SDCC, Harington took part in the “Brave New Warriors” panel with Matt Smith and Steven Yeun, as well as the Game of Thrones extravaganza.
Below you’ll find a Morning Roundup stuffed with more news from the Con, plus some general awesomeness concerning Star Wars, Neil Gaiman, and romance from the future! Read on!
- This article lists many reasons why you shouldn’t become romantically entangled with creatures from the future, but forgets the most important one: the alternate universe where you are your own grandparent. :shudder:
- Kick-Ass 2 stuntmen live up to their kick-ass-ness in a real-life rescue.
- This Star Wars relationship tree is more tangled than the roots of Wroshyr.
- TV’s Frank interviews Neil Gaiman! Um…sort of.
- Wil Wheaton had some things to say about the anti-Comic Con protesters in San Diego this weekend, but Galactus prefers a more direct approach.
- io9 rounds up the best toys from Comic-Con, but we must respectfully disagree with their selections. THIS is the best toy, ever.
- The Wired Mech roamed Comic-Con this year, presumably dispensing hard justice, and hopefully sitting in the back of screenings, since the thing is nine-and-a-half feet tall.
- Aw, Magneto is cooking for Charles.
- Hasbro has built a Marvel diorama that we can live in.
- One you’ve got your superpowers and your supersuit, you’ll need a good name. A name that will inspire hope in the citizens of your metropolis and fear in the hearts of all evil-doers. Or if you’re in a rush, you can use this comic-book-name-generator.
- Here are the Game of Thrones actors waiting backstage for their panel:
- And here (via what’s trending) is Dr. Mrs. The Monarch (Doc Hammer) dispensing advice to Amanda Bynes: