Yesterday was Nikola Tesla’s birthday, and we gave you a list of some of his greatest pop cultural moments. However, we couldn’t allow the week to go by without directing your attention to the new Tesla mural in Lincoln, Nebraska. The mural is part of the Turbine Flats Project, a community for small businesses and entrepreneurs in Lincoln, and will be unveiled on Friday as part of their “Day of the Innovator” celebration, which isn’t so much about Tesla as much as discovering the Tesla inside all of us. Tesla!
Now then: Morning Roundup is happy to say there are beer robots, Kaiju, and Game of Thrones locations in your future!
- You can now buy a BEER-ROBOT. But don’t ask it to pour you a PBR – that would force it to break the First Law.
- Entertainment Weekly has lots of SDCC sneak peeks, including this Catching Fire slideshow.
- Comics writer Jeff Lemire compiled a soundtrack for his Wells homage The Nobody, and it’s a perfect antidote to summer pop.
- Do you like fashion? Do you like videogames? http://www.vogue.co.uk/ + Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right Left-Right-B-A. Keep hitting A.
- So we’re seeing lots of positive reviews for Pacific Rim now, but Hideo Kojima the creator of Metal Gear is by far the most eloquent.
- And in more maybe Pacific Rim will be awesome? news, Mondo creates some beautiful Kaiju art for us all to enjoy.
- TV Guide is ranking the top SF shows of all time for some reason, and the Top Ten have already been spilled.
- But before you start arguing about that, here’s George Lucas talking about his debt to Star Trek, which should make everything better.
- Vin Diesel is essentially tugging on our sleeves and stage-whispering “I have a secret and I can’t tell you what it is but it’s really really good…”
- Another mystery manuscript to attempt to decode! Good luck everyone!
- Game of Thrones tourism is bolstering the economy of Northern Ireland as the region works to overcome years of war. So there’s something positive to think about the next time George R.R. Martin makes you cry.
- Yes, we know we’ve posted about Sharknado before. But now, more importantly, SHARKNADO. It’s tonight!
- And finally, Tesla coils and the Dr. Who theme: