Finally, a Hallmark figurine that shows what we feel inside.
From their site: “Relive the excitement of one of the most iconic moments in all of Star Trek—the struggle between Kirk and the Gorn” in the form of this Hallmark Christmas tree ornament! Because what better to sum up the joy of the holiday season than a murderous lizard alien knifing a belligerent space captain? The only way this could be better would be if the episode music was included. IT IS? Between this and the annual Doctor Who episode, this is gonna be the best Christmas ever.
- Fantastic Fiction is having a fundraiser! The NYC-based reading series has hosted many SFF luminaries snce the 1990s, and now coordinators Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel are reaching out for some help to keep this free event running.
- Latest entry in our travel suggestions: literary restaurants. Check out Jules Verne!
- LAVATUBES. In case you can’t make it to some beautful alien world this summer, you can just go to Iceland. Which, in some cases, appears as if it is about to eat you.
- Whatever your opinion of Man of Steel, we think you’ll like Kyle Baker’s response to it.
- MONEY CAT WON’T GIVE US THE FREAKIN’ MONEY.
- In light of yesterday’s historic DOMA decision, McSweeney’s brings us Samus Aran’s take on marriage equality.
- It makes us a little nervous that we laughed at this, but really, the bit with Cinderella is hilarious, so here, have some exploding Disney princesses.
- Just in case you can’t wait until July 12th, listen to the entire Pacific Rim soundtrack now!
- A lesson in screaming. May also help with your Batman voice.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com Last time it visited the Gorn planet it noticed a lovely resurgence in their spa and botanical garden industry, and took advantage of the currency comparison rate to have a decadent relaxing vacation. VISIT GORN PLANET. Mind the rocks.