Listen, Disney, we know that you’re jealous of the the awesomeness parade that will be X-Men Days of Future Past (which just got moved up to a May 2014 release) but that doesn’t mean you should apply that formula to the Pixar universe. (Also, imagine if all Pixar movies took place in the same universe? EVERYTHING WOULD BE ABLE TO TALK BACK TO YOU.) This bleak future comes to you courtesy of Mike Henderson.
Your morning roundup is breaking down every Pixar film into easy to discern charts, exploring Captain America’s hygiene routines, and naming actual lanes after Neil Gaiman books.
- Gene Roddenberry’s remains will be sent back into space, along with those of his wife, and a lock of Arthur C. Clarke’s hair. So when the giant Space Baby shows up in 20 years, we’ll all know why.
- The Uptown Theater in Minneapolis wants Joss Whedon to remember his roots.
- Maintain your personal hygiene the Marvel Way with Captain America skincare products and Stan Lee cologne! It smells like hyperbole.
- If you’re looking for something to read while you wait for The Desolation of Smaug, Tolkien’s estate has released an unfinished epic poem from his archives!
- Get a fascinating behind-the-scenes view of some classic Disney characters when you see their real-life models – Tinkerbell wrestling with the scissors is just jarring and beautiful.
- You can catch up on all the reading you didn’t get to in college with the beautiful Graphic Canon Volume 3!
- Hmmm…the English town of Portsmouth has decided to name Neil Gaiman’s childhood lane after his new novel, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, so, if you’re in need of an interdimensional portal, one will most likely open there soon.
- The Batman theme – performed by bats!
- The anonymous book sculptures that stopped appearing in Scottish libraries in 2011 have begun appearing again.
- Finally, last week we showed you a magical place where you can dive into money. Now you can dive into SPACE! Kinda. In Germany.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby once wrestled with scissors and ended up blowing up Praxis? It was weird.