Here is a picture of J.R.R. Tolkien looking at some flowers in a greenhouse. Apparently, he was the worst person to take walks with because he liked to stop and observe every tree he passed very carefully. We can only assume that he did this because he was waiting for them all to reveal their true Ent nature and speak to him. Ents do speak slowly, after all. They were probably between words while he was watching. (Photo from simplythebess’ Tumblr.)
- The truth about who would really win in a Batman/Superman showdown. The sun is such a problem with these things.
- The Falling Skies showrunner talks about hiring Doug Jones and tells us why he’s quitting—he wants to write science fiction novels! (We hope they’re better than Falling Skies.)
More proof the Benedict Cumberbatch is an otter! They like to hold out their arms to
get tested by grumpy doctorsreceive things!
- Robots can learn by imagining humans and how we interact with our environments. Creepy?
- Here are 18 sci-fi movies you can watch online without spending any of your hard-earned moolah. We promise never to say moolah again.
- The Telegraph really thinks that M’s right hand from Quantum of Solace and Skyfall would be a great next Doctor, but the BBC wants us all to stop insisting that they’ve chosen the next guy. They just started looking, and if we keep freaking out we’ll probably scare other prospects away!
- It looks as though the Games of Thrones season 3 finale set a new record for internet piracy. Which is weird, considering the fact that it was the episode before the finale where all the crazy stuff was going on…
- J.J. Abrams wants to “honor” but not “revere” old Star Wars as he makes new Star Wars. Yay for more vague plans!
- SF Signal is talking about the indie comics that were nominated for the Eisner Awards this year!
- A “sweded” trailer for Ender’s Game!
- Even hardened bounty hunter Boba Fett finds love in this awe-inspiring animation.
- Can there be too much collateral damage in an action film?
- Nothing to see here.
- California’s penal system finally has an opinion on werewolf erotica.
- THOR + TESLA.
SPECIAL AFTER-NOTE: It turns out that the picture above is part of a gigantic misappropriation plot—J.R.R. Tolkien is not the gentleman pictured, but many sources have attached his name as the man in the photograph. It does not surprise us that Tolkien has fallen prey to this conspiracy. All the stuff about him stopping on walks to commune with
Ents trees is true, though.