George R. R. Martin is super sorry, you guys, about the events in this past weekend’s spoileriffic episode of Game of Thrones. Obviously, if he’d remembered that happened then he would have warned everyone, you know? He almost doesn’t want to see what he does next! [Via The Onion. Spoilers in the link.]
Today’s Morning Roundup is finding creepy vortexes on Mars, digging up the next Doctor, and heading out to Wonderspace in its robot body.
- Matt Staggs writes on Suvudu about passing Dungeons & Dragons on to your child.
- Hear a 1929 recording of Winnie the Pooh creator A. A. Milne reading from his work. (Then look for our post on how those stories exist in the same universe as The Great Gatsby.)
- First Karen “Amy Pond” Gillan is cast as a villain in Guardians of the Galaxy, now Benicio “sorry Abrams I can’t play Khan okay?” Del Toro is in it as a major character who will appear in future Marvel movies.
- Now that Matt Smith has announced he’s departing the show, a wishlist for Doctor Who season 8.
- Den of Geek tries to reconcile the plot holes and paradoxes of the Back to the Future movies, conveniently forgetting that they are perfect.
- Skyhorse Publishing, Inc. and Star Publishing have officially acquired Night Shade Books.
- Stan Lee’s cameo in Amazing Spider-Man 2, revealed!
- The north pole of Mars is a whirlpool frozen in mid-swirl.
- Bleeding Cool thinks that the next Doctor has already been cast.
- A fascinating breakdown of what produces greenhouse gases. (Damn coal, you scary.)
- The 2045 Initiative wants to make us downloadable in 30-ish years. That’s over three decades of consequence-free hedonism to look forward to!
- Comics Alliance is back! The internet is wonderful.
- Dear, Dinosaur Comics, we would totally read Alice’s Adventures in Wonderspace.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com and is pretty sure Joomla runs on coal.