Artist Jenny Parks has done us all a solid and re-cast many super-popular characters as cats. Thank you, Jenny! We think our favorite was this
Katniss Catniss painting. Also, would a cat version of Katniss hate her family’s pet kat? Also, “the Cat on Fire,” doesn’t sound good at all.
Your daily collection of offsite links features a giant J. Michael Straczynski, fake Robert Downey Jrs., and Star Trek, Star Trek, Star Trek.
- This art for the Phoenix Comic Con Babylon 5 reunion features a giant JMS. Scary or awesome?
- Some of the Robert Downey Jrs. you saw in Iron Man 3 weren’t really there.
- SF Signal tries to figure out which authors write the best sci-fi action scenes.
- Missions Impossible 5 will be written by Drew Pearce, who worked on Iron Man 3.
- Canada is awesome. Makes Game of Thrones reference during hockey game coverage.
- Want some science fiction novels for economists? You bet you do.
- Tons of new pictures for Doctor Who’s “The Name of the Doctor.”
Star Trek, Nothing But Star Trek
- This is how you were supposed to write for the original Star Trek! (They were strict!)
- A good, well-thought-out essay on why Star Trek might not work well in the cinema.
- Cast of Star Trek Into Darkness will talk to the ISS today around noon eastern time.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com.