Don’t worry, you didn’t miss the anniversary of Ray Harryhausen’s birthday, but today is the anniversary of him uttering his first word, which was, of course “dinosaur!” (Though some reports claim it was “Bradbury!”) In all honesty, we just like this picture. It’s from the making of One Million Years B.C.
Your daily collection of offsite links include Jurassic Park makeovers, Harrison Ford’s ongoing Star Wars feud, why Peter Dinklage doesn’t feel cool, and more!
- Captain America’s Hayley Atwell for Lara Croft is a thing people want.
- Peter Dinklage doesn’t feel cool in those Game of Thrones fight scenes.
- More new movie-style posters for Doctor Who season 7 episodes.
- Okay, okay, so an old line from Christopher Eccelston’s Ninth Doctor will feature in the Doctor Who episode “Journey to the Center of the TARDIS.”
- On the passing of comics writer Robert Morales.
- Jane Espenson talks about women and Doctor Who.
- Michael Bay is going to cast some people in Transformers 4 via a reality TV show in China.
- How to turn your Subaru to the Jurassic Park side of the things.
- A new essay by Guy Gavriel Kay over on Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist.
- A bunch of nifty cosplay pics from WonderCon 2013.
- These Acer Computer Star Trek Into Darkness wallpapers are the most Star Trek-looking Star Trek ads yet.
- Behind the scenes on the new Star Trek game for XBox shows all the voice-recording work done by the cast!
- Weird Science remake?
- Catwoman surrounded by famous cats of fiction!
- Superhero keyboard! (via Boing Boing)
- The Harrison Ford/Chewbacca feud on Jimmy Kimmel continues!
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com.