In this eye-opening article over on Vulture, a sound designer for Jurassic Park reveals that the barking sound made by the raptors is really tortoise sex and the raptor screams come from dolphin sex. The gallimimuses are sounds made by horses in heat. The only g-rated noise is that of the T-Rex, which is really is the sound of a baby elephant slowed down. Here’s the article.
Now that you know that, you can check out all your offsite links with dino noises running through your head. Links include news on District 10, why Dracula was present at the birth the universe and more.
- Pray for Hellboy 3, and Mike Mignola will try to make it happen.
- Did Neill Blomkamp kinda suggest he might someday have something to do with Star Wars? (Also, District 1o?)
- Oh! Doctor Who set pics!
- New Man of Steel TV spot nearly exactly like Man of Steel trailer.
- Dr. Seuss version of Evil Dead, was made by a person. Exists.
- Steven Gould interviewed over on SF Signal.
- First glimpse of Batman: Arkham Origins.
- This Luke Evans person will be in Dracula, which was originally called Dracula Year Zero, because Dracula was present at the dawn of time?
- You can’t have a Jayne hat. Fox will take it away.
- Here’s a poster from Elysium.
- Recreating Jurassic Park for Minecraft apparently took four years. Check it out here.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com.