The Museum of Childhood recently stumbled over a piece of 19th century embroidery depicting the solar system and began discovering more places where girls of that era expressed their interest in science. The instances they were able to pull together weave an intriguing tapestry all on their own.
Your daily offsite links have a rough idea of how the solar system works but aren’t really keeping on the latest papers. Lots of Game of Thrones news is spilling forth thanks to the new season, including some words from George R. R. Martin and the showrunners about who will finish first, the show or the author…
- The Ant-Man concept trailer was leaked recently, showing off how his suit and powers would look in a movie. (Surprisingly awesome!)
- Amazing Spider-Man 2 is going to the crazy house!
- Den of Geek has a spoiler-free review of the first new Doctor Who episode “The Bells of St. John.”
- 11 sci-fi explanations for the Fermi Paradox.
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is hauling rockets out of the ocean. Will he sell them at a 33% discount?
- Read the sweet telegram Ray Bradbury sent Robert A. Heinlein in 1976.
- Also WOW Virginia Woolf was a fan of Olaf Stapledon?!?
Game of Thrones season 3
- The Game of Thrones showrunners on the show outpacing the books: “There is a ticking clock here.”
- The Game of Thrones Instagram account posted a bunch of cute pics from the premiere.
- You can hate Sansa Stark, but don’t be a dick to the actress that plays her.
- George R. R. Martin has a cameo in season 3 of Game of Thrones. (Also check out the cool mock-up cover for The Winds of Winter in the Blastr slideshow.)
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com.