Coming from artist Madéleine Flores is the biggest plot-twist spoiler alert of all time: David Bowie is Harry Potter’s true father! We always thought James Potter was a little underdeveloped in the latter books, and now we know why: he was a ruse to hide the Bowie! We do wonder what house Bowie was sorted into, though. Was it Hufflepuff? Gryffindor? Viacom?
Your daily offsite links are are full of stardust, man. Highlights include:
- Bambi will scare you. Again.
- Carrie Fisher is really, for sure, going to be in Star Wars again.
- The Doctor asks for hand-outs.
- Sam Raimi is complaining about all the movies he never got to make!
- Latest Jewel Staite blog entry on Blastr reveals who she thinks is the funniest cast member on Firefly and Stargate!
- 10 graphic novels for parents.
- Lev Grossman lets us know what’s going on with writing The Magican’s Land.
- There will be an all-puppet episode of Community.
- Den of Geek celebrates robot butlers! Awesome. (But somehow excludes the film Sleeper?)
- Imagine Bambi as a horror movie.
There’s a meteorite in Antarctica
and it’s full of alien babies.
- Carrie Fisher fulfills the once-a-week quota of someone saying they will be in the new Star Wars even though it doesn’t really mean anything.
- Joss Whedon says Planet Hulk is nonsense.
- The art of Dinotopia will be on display at the New Hampshire Institute of Art all through March.
- Sam Mendes is not going to direct the next James Bond movie. Movie will not be called English Beauty.
- The Doctor is pan-handling with a fez + more new season 7 pictures from Doctor Who
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby’s true father was once thought to be Saturn V, but we now know Stubby was adopted.