The 25th Annual Lambda Awards nominees have been announced, including the LGBT Science Fiction /Fantasy/Horror category. The Lambda Awards, as the press release says, “celebrate achievement in lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) writing for books published in 2012.” The winners will be announced at a ceremony on Monday June 3, 2013.
This year is a bit of a red-letter year for yours-truly, because one of the nominees is Beyond Binary: Genderqueer and Sexually Fluid Speculative Fiction. I’ve written a few times about the process of editing this collection, and what I had hoped it would do—and I’m thrilled that it seems to have connected with a wide audience, in and outside of the speculative fiction field.
The full nominee list is as follows:
- Beyond Binary: Genderqueer and Sexually Fluid Speculative Fiction, Brit Mandelo, Lethe Press
- Chocolatiers of the High Winds: A Gay Steampunk Romance, H.B. Kurtzwilde, Clasp Editions; An Imprint of Circlet Press
- Green Thumb, Tom Cardamone, Lethe Press
- Heiresses of Russ 2012: the Year’s Best Lesbian Speculative Fiction, Connie Wilkins and Steve Berman, Lethe Press [Reviewed, here.]
- In the Now, Kelly Sinclair, Blue Feather Books
- Night Shadows: Queer Horror, Greg Herren and J.M. Redmann, eds., Bold Strokes Books
- The Survivors, Sean Eads, Lethe Press
Congratulations to all the nominees, and in particular to Lethe Press, who have made an excellent showing this year in the Awards.