A Memory of Light, the finale of the epic 15-volume Wheel of Time series, has debuted at #1 on the New York Times Hardcover Fiction Bestsellers list.
Ever since the publication of the eighth book in the series, The Path of Daggers, the Wheel of Time has debuted at #1 on the New York Times bestseller list. It is a testament to the artistry of Robert Jordan’s world and the dedication of its fanbase that the concluding volume of Jordan’s defining work was the best-selling book in the U.S. upon its release.
A Memory of Light hit quite a few other milestones after its January 8th release:
- #1 debut on the USA Today bestseller list
- The #1 best-selling book on Amazon.com for two weeks straight, leading up to its #1 debut on Amazon.com on its January 8th release date.
- #1 debut on the Ingram bestseller list
- #1 on the National Indie (independent booksellers) bestseller list
- Listed as one of 2013’s “essential science fiction and fantasy books” on io9.
- Plus great (spoilery!) reviews from NPR, Huffington Post, The Onion AV Club, io9, and many more!
It is heartening to see Robert Jordan’s legacy standing undiminished.
Photo by Irene Gallo