Yesterday we learned from various sources that the BBC is worried David Tennant is going to ruin the 50th anniversary Doctor Who special for everyone. Not just spoil, but ruin. He’s a ruiner. And a loose cannon. (Okay we’re exaggerating, but it’s pretty great to think about him being a renegade. He is after all, the biggest fan who’s played the Doctor.)
Your daily offsite links are totally wizard. Highlights include:
- Poor Emma Watson can’t carry a backpack around without people thinking she’s a little kid.
- Cumberbatch to Star Trek fans: get a life!
- Joss is working on S.H.I.E.L.D. right now.
- The Bruce Wayne face-morphing guy has now made a mash-up of all the James Bonds. Creepy!
- John Joseph Adams rounds up various advice about SFF writing workshops.
- Apparently JFK airport thought Emma Watson was a minor.
- This absolutely bonkers Back to the Future/Doctor Who animated mash-up video exists. Is real.
- Joss Whedon is directing the S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot right now!
- Here’s the fan-approved Blu-ray cover for Star Trek: Enterprise.
- Benedict Cumberbatch thinks you should just stop gorging on Star Trek candy.
- The Big Bang Theory cast as people from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Guillermo Del Toro
- Did Guillermo del Toro really turn down Star Wars?
- Guillermo del Toro is still trying to make H.P. Lovecraft’s At The Mountains of Madness into a movie.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com.