As always, toys shall
inadvertently spoil important details show us the way. TheOneRing.net got its hands on some new Hobbit action figures, including the as-yet-unseen elf Tauriel, played in the films by Evangeline Lilly.
Your other offsite links are also female elves with amazing prowess in combat, but remain unseen. Highlights include:
- Avengers 3 news… already?
- An amazing Nick Fury cat
- A sweet, sweet Scott Pilgrim-themed wedding proposal.
- Den of Geek got to see the first eps of the upcoming season 5 of Merlin. We love that boy/not-boy wizard!
- Thanos might not be seen again until after Avengers 2, leaving plenty of time to have children, raise them on Marvel films, and take them to see Avengers 3: Thanos Does Something.
- Michael Bay is actually afraid someone might screw up the Transformers franchise, whatever that means.
- New trailer for the final season of Fringe.
- Wait, Ghostbusters 3 might not be a sequel but a remake? Cats and dogs living together… mass hysteria!
- The oceans would leave the equator and Canada would no longer exist if the Earth stopped spinning. Do we like this? [via io9]
- Reminder, the io9 Book Club is talking about Redshirts next Tuesday!
- Jell-O is technically alive and that makes you a terrible person for eating it.
- Early sketches of the Space Shuttle made by NASA were practically science fiction book covers.
- This cat is an amazing Nick Fur[r]y.
- Why J. K. Rowling started talking about unicorns and sex, we’ll never know. Unless we read the interview.
- This woman proposed to her boyfriend during a Scott Pilgrim tour of Toronto and then we melted into a puddle.
- Did blowing into your NES cartridges really help?
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com.