Some people see unicorns, or sea horsies, or giant falcons in the clouds. But sometimes people see clouds that produce the one and only Godzilla! Look out, he’s loose and cumulus! Your offsite links aren’t nearly as ominous, but just as cool.
- Why is the apocalypse so appealing?
- Voyager 1 had a birthday yesterday, when is it leaving the solar system?
- Tricia Helfer is crossing over into another fandom (sort of)
- The awesome Star Wars Uncut project (check out our big recap here) has announced an Empire Strikes Back project.
- Awesome list of times in which judges have cited Star Trek in a legal case.
- Author Karen Thompson Walker talks to Suvudu on the appeal of the apocalypse.
- Look at all the Doctor Who monsters hanging out together.
- Joss Whedon doesn’t like your negative Avengers reviews.
- Bradley Cooper still excited about Hyperion?
- BSG’s Tricia Helfer will show up in Inspector Spacetime on Community.
- Matt Smith was almost Watson? What?
- Catching up with Voyager 1: how soon will it be out of our solar system?
- Jim Carrey has been officially cast in Kick-Ass 2!
- The must-read science fiction and fantasy books in September according to Kirkus Reviews.
- New Adam-Troy Castro story on Lightspeed: “My Wife Hates Time Travel”
- New story by David Klecha and Tobias S. Buckell on Clarkesworld: “The Found Girl.”
- The New York Observer gives a shout out to new used sci-fi bookstore Singularity and Co.
- New Hey, Ash, Watcha Playin’? features a jump into the future. (Slightly NSFW)
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. If you ever see a cloud shaped like Stubby, it’s probably actually Stubby.