Back in 1991 Jeremy Irons played the great detective in a skit on Saturday Night Live. Yesterday, the awesome Baker Street Babes posted this picture from the skit and it shocked us how legitimate it looks. Jeremy Irons looks awesome as Holmes. Now Stubby wants a to see a Crisis in Infinite Baker Streets with Benedict Cumberbatch, Robert Downey Jr., Jeremy Brett, Basil Rathbone, and Jeremy Irons all throwing down in a quantum conundrum none of them can deduce! Make it happen, mulitverse!
Your offsite links are not all luminous but they are conductors of light. Highlights include:
- The real Tatooine system has been discovered.
- Fear the terrible Ninja Turtles script!
- Batman Justice League rumors.
- Neil Gaiman on a trampoline.
- Patrick Stewart was in last night’s Futurama season finale.
- Not exactly science fiction, but this feels like a bizarro world: Eddie Murphy will guest star on new Beverly Hills Cops TV show?
- Lando is apparently helping out with lawsuits against the Jedi!
- Speaking of lawsuits, Sam Raimi is shutting down the Evil Dead remake: through the courts.
- The script for that Ninja Turtles movie supposedly leaked online.
- An actual star system with two suns and two planets has been discovered.
- Part 3 of the Kirkus Reviews survey of Mars in science fiction.
- Interesting article about the nature of spoilers over on The Boston Globe.
- Really nifty Batcave painting.
- New scenes from the animated The Dark Knight Returns.
- It’s possible that a new kind of Batman will be introduced in The Justice League movie.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby has some pretty great pairs of pants.