Well, now we’ve seen it all! The next Planet of the Apes movie filmed by animals! What next? The next Star Trek movie filmed by Vulcans? The next American Pie movie filmed by pies? Madness we say. Madness.
Just kidding! Your offsite links include actual, real nerd news.
- A Gotham City resident has joined Arrow.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson teaches us how to blow up asteroids.
- When science fails: use science fiction!
- New NYC science fiction bookstore Singularity & Co. tells Popular Mechanics how to read old SF books without hurting them.
- Is Joseph Gordon-Levitt actually sexy?
- Super powers we all probably don’t need.
- Will Travolta become a new Toxic Avenger? In the movies, we mean?
- Will the SyFy reboot of Blake’s 7 see the return of dark, gritty space opera?
- The Huntress is going to be a character on the Arrow TV show.
- Cool list of instances in which science being ignored actually makes science fiction better.
- Godzilla versus the painter Thomas Kincade.
- Sam Claflin is playing Finnick Odair in Catching Fire.
- The Walking Dead invades Entertainment Weekly.
- NASA found a dinosaur footprint…
- New minisodes of Doctor Who will be all about Amy and Rory. It will be called “Pond Life.” And if the theme song isn’t set to Blur’s “Parklife” then we don’t know what this world is coming to.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson talks about how to blow up asteroids and expects us to use this knowledge for good?
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby was there when they blew up the Earth in Beneath the Planet of the Apes.