Over on Tumblr, someone noticed how much this new promo shot of Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith and new companion Jenna-Louise Coleman looks like the First Doctor William Hartnelll and Carole Ann Ford. Now there’s no way new companion (Clara?) is Susan Foreman, but the throwback is nice.
Your offsite links are traveling through time looking cute.
- The deleted scene with the Hulk you’d wished you’d seen.
- When you’re going to see Smaug in The Hobbit.
- Amelia Earhart’s plane might have kind of been discovered.
- It turns out Amelia Earhart might not be living in the Delta Quadrant after all: New debris of her plane thought to be discovered.
- The Game of Thrones theme as sung by a cat.
- So you might not see Cumberbatch’s Smaug until the second Hobbit film.
- Steampunk Tom & Huck to star in new ABC show.
- Curiosity has started shooting rocks with lasers. Awesome.
- Michael Dorn was a little skeptical about Patrick Stewart. At least at first.
- Cory Doctorow on how to best talk about the Interent in education.
- Really insane Bill Murray fan video.
- Nice article from the NYT about the endurance of the printed book.
- How a Legend of Zelda book is taking down 50 Shades of Grey on Amazon.
- New Avenger’s deleted scene featuring the Hulk talking about himself.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby listens to the same music Susan Foreman had on her little portable radio.