If the Dalek’s catch phrase wasn’t “Exterminate!” what would it be? What if they said “laser-i-nate!” instead? Or maybe “destroy-a-zap!”
Your offsite links might contain new catch phrases and should all be read in the screaming Dalek voice. (REAAD! REAAAD!)
- How certain phrases get misremembered by the culture.
- Hemingway was a terrible spy.
- Jeff VanderMeer speaks the truth about self-publishing.
- New international trailer for Looper.
- Hey, it’s the Avengers Movie! The controversy over the marketing of The Avengers in Japan.
- Tons more new Doctor Who pictures; from both the London premiere and the upcoming new season!
- “Beam Me Up, Scotty” and several other phrases we “remember” were never uttered. New article in The Atlantic explains why.
- A mini-sneak peek at Peter V. Brett’s Daylight War.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark is supposedly coming back to the big screen. In IMAX for a limited time.
- DeLorean hovercraft is real. Shows up during a baseball game.
- Kirkus Reviews takes a good, long hard look at Mars in science fiction literature.
- If Futurama were real it’d be real freaky.
- This is the plot of Mad Max: Fury Road. (Max wins.)
- Great article from Jeff VanderMeer on how to be smart regarding self-publishing.
- At one point, Hemingway tried to be a spy. Failed. But he’s George R. R. Martin now so it’s okay.
- Captain Jack (John Barrowman) to show up on Green Arrow CW show Arrow.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby’s vision is NOT impaired!